Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Quotes on Friendship

She is a friend of mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order. It's good, you know, when you got a woman who is a friend of your mind.

“What is love? two souls and one flesh; friendship? two bodies and one soul.”


 My children are delightful people, whom I would love even if they weren't my children.

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”

The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing... not healing, not curing... that is a friend who cares.

I always felt that the great high privilege, relief and comfort of friendship was that one had to explain nothing

“When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth.”

“You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”

“Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.” ―


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making sense of it all

The last couple of months have been surreal for most of us - and nightmare to many others. People have lost loved ones, lost their liveliho...