Thursday, April 25, 2013

Quotes by Sylvia Plath

“If you expect nothing from anybody, you’re never disappointed.
 
“I am still so naïve; I know pretty much what I like and dislike; but please, don’t ask me who I am. A passionate, fragmentary girl, maybe,


“I write only because
There is a voice within me
That will not be still”

“I love my rejection slips. They show me I try.”

“With me, the present is forever, and forever is always shifting, flowing, melting. This second is life. And when it is gone it is dead. But you can't start over with each new second. You have to judge by what is dead. It's like quicksand... hopeless from the start. ”

“What a man wants is a mate and what a woman wants is infinite security.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making sense of it all

The last couple of months have been surreal for most of us - and nightmare to many others. People have lost loved ones, lost their liveliho...