Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Decision making in 40's



There has been a change in my attitude towards life and the decisions I have been making. Being in 40's makes you realize that life is indeed short and the urgency to live life to the max is highlighted. Experiencing life and its bumps and highs, changes our mindset towards decision making. The mid-life crisis is more of a self-realization that we are at intermission and. time really does fly with the awareness becoming more profound as we get closer to our final destination. Our perception towards what is good, what is safe changes too. Here are some factors that have been lately affecting my decision making process.

  1. If I were to die today, would this matter?
  2. What's the worst that can happen?
  3. If somebody has problem with me, it' s his/her problem, so why should I worry?
  4. Mistakes happen, we all err, accept it and deal with it. Who is perfect here ?
  5. Not all decisions are in my control, going with the flow and accepting the higher power makes life easier.
  6. If you don't ask , the answer is always no . So ask and reach out to people you care about.
  7. Is my decision/action hurting anyone ?
  8. How would I feel if I was on the receiving end of the decision?
  9. Would I regret not doing it 10 years from now?
  10. Showing compassion towards myself is as important as showing it to others. Just do it , don't worry about the consequences. If you are wrong , don't worry people are there to show you your faults – you focus on your strengths.
And of course in the end, it all ends. So I might be wrong, err, maybe commit blunders, in the end nothing matters except for whether I appreciated and lived my life to the full capacity and if I was able to bring joy to people around me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making sense of it all

The last couple of months have been surreal for most of us - and nightmare to many others. People have lost loved ones, lost their liveliho...