Friday, June 29, 2012

Immortality - a short story

This short story by my 14 year old ( a summer assignment given by his mom), is a real eye opener. To what extent are we willing to go to achieve the elusive immortality or youth? 

The men fell to the ground instantaneously, followed by the clatter of blades falling.


“These fools are no match for me!” yelled a man wearing a black cloak, “I will never allow the King to have this, no matter who he sends to take this land away, I will stop them!” The rest of the soldiers just stood there in awe as three fourths of there battalion was wiped out within mere minutes, thinking-this man is not human. They ran back to their King to give him the news, they had failed in securing the land that belonged to a great swordsman named Kaiser, a land that was told to hold all his treasures.

The King once again sent forth an army to conquer the land. This time he sent an army consisting of archers, mages, and knights. The man in the hood was waiting for them.

The arrows, blades, and bolts of magic were all deflected with ease; suddenly a wave of energy escaped the sword causing everyone to fly backwards. As soon as it was shot another blast, this time a shockwave of wind, cut them to shreds. This time there was only one survivor, left alive to tell the King, that they had failed again. The King was starting to get distraught; he needed that land desperately but he was running out of troops, already half of them had fallen to that monstrous man. The King decided to send in the rest of his troops, as well as some mercenaries he had hired. He had gathered them all in the palace to give them a…motivational speech, but before he could start there was a voice.

“Oh King why would you sacrifice your entire army just for my land, the land of Kaiser – it just makes me curious,” said the cloaked figure.

“The land is not yours, and it shall be mine, as I will get my hands on the secret to immortality!” yelled the King

“Ha ha ha, immortality? Is that what you were after? Do you mean the Nectar of the Gods? I already drank it a thousand years ago. Who do you think I am, foolish King? I am Kaiser, the lands rightful owner.” The King just stood there in silence as Kaiser charged to destroy the army in front of him, until it was only the King and Kaiser left.

“That land holds no value to me, if you had asked I would have given it to you, but since you sent an army, it made my blood boil with excitement for a good fight. Now I take your head as a token of my victory. Before the king could protest Kaisers blade had already been swung.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making sense of it all

The last couple of months have been surreal for most of us - and nightmare to many others. People have lost loved ones, lost their liveliho...