Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Maybe

When I look back on my life, I often wonder if there are certain things I would change about it. Maybe I would have liked to be more confident, more brash, more in love with myself than chasing the elusive illusion of love propagated by media and books. I don't know. Maybe I would have taken charge of my life and certain issues, maybe I would have been more courageous or maybe not have spoken words that were unintentionally hurtful.

Maybe I would have taken better care of myself, would have realized that in the end it is all between  me and the creator .Maybe I would have been less cautious more impulsive, less wise and would have more loving memories. 

Maybe I would have realized that it is indeed my life. Maybe that time is fleeting and every rejection, every acceptance makes you who you are. Maybe I would have realized to look beyond looks, to look beyond personality and look for character.Maybe I would have realized that nobody can fill in the gaps for me, and not to be  dependent on other people's validation. 

Maybe I would have been less judgemental, more open-minded. Maybe I would have realized that my dreams are my own and that they were worth fighting for. Maybe I would have been less uptight, and more accepting , maybe more welcoming of the gifts in my life.

Maybe I would do that or maybe not. Maybe I would just do all the things exactly the same again, because I am today a resultant of all my mistakes, or all the blunders and heartbreaks and failurea and I do know I am a much better person because of all that.

1 comment:

Making sense of it all

The last couple of months have been surreal for most of us - and nightmare to many others. People have lost loved ones, lost their liveliho...