Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Recipe for living

We are all heading in the same direction - sooner or later. Modern technology is supposed to improve the quality of our lives by making our lives more efficient and freeing our time. Yet when we look around us, it is all rush - all stress. All you hear from people is that they are busy and don't have time. We are sleep deprived, eat on the go, and are stressed in our lives. Lack of time, of being busy in many ways proclaims that you have arrived, that you are too important.

My only question is why? Why has being insanely busy become a norm ? Why do we encourage people to always be on the go and be numb to our surroundings?Ultimately , life is unpredictable, death is certain and that is the truth. Nothing and no one can deny this fact. Yet, here we are loading ourselves  with stress about things that don't matter in the end. What if I am unable to pay my mortgage off? Nothing, I am definitely not taking my house with me to my grave and neither am I taking the car or the electronic gadgets.

Life is a precious gift, experience it. Gather moments and collect memories. Be aware of now, experience it,  filter the good memories from bad, and live. Everyday I ask myself what would I be doing differently if I were to die tomorrow? And the answer is the same - what I am doing right now. I would still be taking care of my kids, still be working and still be reaching out to the people I love. There are of course times when I do tend to swirled into the vortex of worrying about future, but I have learned to drag myself out of it. As much as I would love to travel, as  much as I would love to explore new avenues, I am happy where I am. I am happy NOW.

I truly believe that is the key to living - being happy now. The desires will always be there, and they should too - after all they fuel your dreams. And what is life without dreams? Yet, in spite of it all, whenever we postpone our happiness, whenever we fail to be grateful for our blessings, we are just existing.

Happiness is not smiling or laughing all the time. We are assorted package of mixed emotions and all these emotions complete us. Anger, sadness, fear, love all of them. For me happiness is when I am content with not just what I have, but with who I am. Accept  your problems like challenges, make time for reflecting, share your passion for living, spread a smile or better still instigate a laughter, and you have the perfect recipe for living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making sense of it all

The last couple of months have been surreal for most of us - and nightmare to many others. People have lost loved ones, lost their liveliho...