Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Bring on the blinkers

With summer fast approaching, I am bracing myself to a full house, a messy house. Door bells incessantly ringing, footsteps thudding, doors banging and of course, shoes trying to walk all over the house, skateboards and hockey sticks acting as perfect barricades at the doorway, football practices and the constant bickering about who did the most chores.

This year instead of trying to get the house and my life in order, I plan to just sit back and wait for the storm called summer to pass through.Hopefully keeping my head ducked, eyes closed and taking deep breaths will help me survive.

This year I promise, not to let the disarrayed clothes strewn all over my house get on my nerves, nor the pile up of dirty dishes break my resolve to keep my calm. Air fresheners are ready to pacify my nose - anybody with boys in house knows how similar to a public washroom your house smells after a bunch of teens and preteens use it.

This year I intend to just sit back and take it easy - put on my blinkers, plug in my ears to shut out the din, and hopefully survive the onslaught of the chaos about to begin. My intentions are honorable but my resolution, only time will tell if I give in to my primal need of having a habitable home or stick to the resolution of just letting it go

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making sense of it all

The last couple of months have been surreal for most of us - and nightmare to many others. People have lost loved ones, lost their liveliho...