Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Blessings in Disguise



Here are the list of irritants that generally got me worked up till I decided to look at it from a different perspective. 

Shoes at the doorway - overflowing,  smelly socks , a blessing, welcome to all the guests wanted or unwanted in my house. 
Stubborn grey hair - refusing to hide its glory , reminding me that I have lived more than many other people on this planet.
Every wrinkle, every crinkle,  every sagging skin, every scar a blessing, each relating a story of its own. The frowns reminding me that there were tough times, the smile lines a reminder of how I dealt with it. 
Books, pencils on kitchen counter, clothes strewn on the floors, missing socks, juice boxes under the bed, unmade beds, all reminding me that before long, I will be missing my children. 
Every dish I wash, every meal I cook, a blessing of abundance and  of having loved ones in my life supporting me always.
Every bill I pay, every hour I work a blessing. Every tear I shed, a reminder that I am human and capable of pain and empathy. 
My messy home, my ordinary life, my every breath, every disappointment all a reminder that this is life and the only way to live is to realize that all the irritants in your life are some form of blessings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making sense of it all

The last couple of months have been surreal for most of us - and nightmare to many others. People have lost loved ones, lost their liveliho...