Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Some quotes and a poem by Hafiz




  • Now that all your worry has proved such an unlucrative
    Business, why not find a better Job.
     


  • Fear is the cheapest room in the house. I would like to see you living in better conditions.


  • I should not make any promises right now. But I know if you pray somewhere in this world - Something good will happen.

  • Love sometimes wants to do us a great favor: hold us upside down and shake all the nonsense out.


  • There are different wells within your heart.
    Some fill with each good rain,
    Others are far too deep for that.








“TRIPPING OVER JOY

What is the difference
Between your experience of Existence
And that of a saint?

The saint knows
That the spiritual path
Is a sublime chess game with God

And that the Beloved
Has just made such a Fantastic Move

That the saint is now continually
Tripping over Joy
And bursting out in Laughter
And saying, “I Surrender!”

Whereas, my dear,
I am afraid you still think
You have a thousand serious moves.”
 
Even after all this time the sun never says to the Earth, "you owe me." Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making sense of it all

The last couple of months have been surreal for most of us - and nightmare to many others. People have lost loved ones, lost their liveliho...