Sunday, November 18, 2012

Some Quotes on Giving

“Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!”


“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.”  

Gracious acceptance is an art - an art which most never bother to cultivate. We think that we have to learn how to give, but we forget about accepting things, which can be much harder than giving.... Accepting another person's gift is allowing him to express his feelings for you.

“Generosity is not giving me that which I need that you do, but it is giving me that which you need more that I do.” 

“Behold I do not give lectures or a little charity, when I give I give myself.”
― Walt Whitman


Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need

 “He who obtains has little. He who scatters has much


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making sense of it all

The last couple of months have been surreal for most of us - and nightmare to many others. People have lost loved ones, lost their liveliho...