Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Stop worrying, Start Praying.








In the past few years, in my quest for peace of mind, I have been reading lots of self-help books. Books that claim to resolve all your issues, books that have the mantra for you to lead a fulfilled life. In my search (and I am still searching), for a formula that will change my life around and magically turn me over to a new leaf, I have realized that basically all that is there is out there is a recycled material.

I have struggled with the concept of God, rebelled against the stringent rules of organized religion and the repercussions of not fitting into a particular mold. It is said, everything comes back to a full circle. These days, I am going back to my roots, learning to let go “thinking” and surrendering to the will of Higher Power - God /universe.



If you have read “The Secret” and “the Power”, the basic concept is to believe that you will get what you want. If this is not faith then what is? You can only believe when you that there is some power superior, unseen and unknown looking after you. I understand the concept of positive thinking, but isn’t that the same as prayer? What do you do when you pray – you place your conviction in that higher power to resolve issues that at the time seems insurmountable.



When I have faith, just the thought that I am being protected empowers me to try and reach the stars. Faith, prayer, gratitude and good karma are the four pillars to lead a life that will weather all the storms. Faith is the power that gives you the light of hope in the darkness of your life, prayer is the guiding moon, gratitude is the reflection of the moon and good karma is the path you know is paved and safe and will keep you safe till the dawn brings shines its rays of light on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making sense of it all

The last couple of months have been surreal for most of us - and nightmare to many others. People have lost loved ones, lost their liveliho...