Sunday, April 12, 2015

Simply Free...




“When I discover who I am, I’ll be free.”
― Ralph EllisonInvisible Man
Freedom is being in harmony with your true self. It is just being, with no desire to change, no conflicting emotions, just being. Freedom brings a sense of lightness, a sense of being at the right place at the right time. Freedom is feeling the sunshine on your skin,, the breeze teasing your hair... and true freedom when you are actually present in the moment , with your mind and soul all present in your experience.

There is a freedom in letting go. Freedom in letting go of a need to control, letting go of your need to control results, just letting go. Letting go of even wanting to be happy. Accepting the situation and being happy in the moment. Even if it is momentary, it is liberating to be what you truly are supposed to be, to experience this world as only you can . A fish is true only in its natural habitat, a bird only when it can fly, and we  only when we believe we have all we want to be happy in this very moment. We can only experience truly life by being ourselves.

Freedom and happiness go hand in hand. The moment I decide and choose to be happy, I am free. No ifs, and no what ifs , no past, no future - just content to experience life .We all have that choice, to just be.

It is of course easier said than done. We are always trying to save others, trying to shape our kids futures, planning our future. But every time I plan, I am tying myself down and my happiness to the outcomes that I don't actually control. Every time I live in future, I miss not being present in the now. Every time I live in past, I live in distorted memories.

Freedom comes at a price - it requires your courage, to scrape the layers of mask that you have learnt to put on and to expose yourself. You might not like what you see - you might have the mask of a beautiful dove, only to reveal a scary and ugly self or it might also be that you thought you were a mouse, but scrape to reveal that you are an eagle that can soar in the sky. The beauty is, you never know till you scrape the layers.

Freedom is something that is close to my heart - I choose  to live my life,  I choose my thoughts, and I have the freedom to change my opinions.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Making sense of it all

The last couple of months have been surreal for most of us - and nightmare to many others. People have lost loved ones, lost their liveliho...