Monday, August 20, 2012

5 lessons in one hour



Recently, a friend of mine finally convinced me to go for a “Body talk” session. I am not a trusting person by nature, so it was after months of persuasion, that I caved in (actually, it was either that or a breakdown). Skeptical at first, my doubts vanished when I met the lady who was going to work on my body and “align” it.  

It was interesting to say the least and effective too. When I went in I am quite sure my eyes were fearful like a scared deer, trying to run for its life. After an hour of being in session with her, I felt like a weight had been lifted from head and heart. I was feeling lighter and calmer than I had felt in ages. The feeling of peace, clarity and emptiness was as close to a spiritual experience I have experienced to say the least.

I always considered myself to be more of a spiritual person, yet didn’t realize until recently how far away I was from climbing even the first step of spirituality ladder.

There were some interesting facts pointed out to me by the practitioner –

  1. Don’t bottle up your feelings:  If you are feeling anger, let it out – punch a pillow or a bag – but don’t let the poison swallow you up. We are taught to hide and mask our negative feelings since childhood and over a period of time, we perfect it so well, that the mask pollutes your authentic self and you morph into something unknown.
  2. Honor yourself: It was an interesting term for me – but I did get the gist that if I don’t honor myself nobody would do. This is an issue with many people – you don’t get what you deserve, you get what YOU BELIEVE you deserve.
  3. Money is your friend: This is one issue I have struggled with and I am still trying to meditate on this fact and come to terms with it.
  4. Don’t be hard on yourself: In our quest to be affable, and blend in, sometimes we are too hard on ourselves. I admire people who can take credit for all that goes well in their lives and blame others for anything that go wrong. They are the ones who are happiest.
  5. Life happens: Yes, it often does when we are least prepared for it. I learnt that just like we need to wash off the dirt from our body frequently, we also need to clean our heads and our hearts from grudges and all the negative emotions that life throws at us. It is impossible for us to be unaffected by what is going around us, spiritual cleansing is as important as keeping your body healthy. 

picture : courtesy -Angie Scott  (Jasper)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making sense of it all

The last couple of months have been surreal for most of us - and nightmare to many others. People have lost loved ones, lost their liveliho...