Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Stepping out

What do we want in life ? We all want happiness , we all want to live our life to the fullest.Two contradictory desires. Happiness demands being content and being grateful, but to live life to the fullest , you need to be greedy , you need to be unsatisfied and stretch yourself out of your comfort zone. Being  joyful on the other hand is different.

Whenever we step out of our comfort zone and believe it is really hard, especially for someone like me, who would rather have life knock the doorstep, than actively seek it out.I settle in and will avoid change at any cost, because keeping my equilibrium is more important actively seeking adventure and life. I am afraid to make mistakes, afraid to be proven wrong, and of appearing ridiculous.

I have realized quite late in the life that fear of failure has prevented me seeking life out of my comfort zone. Comfort - the known, the rut , the proven and the safe and cozy place that we all want to live in . I have to learn to make mistakes, jump higher than I think is possible and be prepared to fall and fail. I have to step out of my small world  and conquer the irrational fear of failure, because life is larger than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making sense of it all

The last couple of months have been surreal for most of us - and nightmare to many others. People have lost loved ones, lost their liveliho...