Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Life in Years

Life is what we make it to be. Every year, traditionally we humans like  to audit our lives in terms of what we have gained and lost. It is that time of the year when we take a breather to look back on all the events of the year that shaped us.

When I look back, I see a fairly uneventful year, a year of calm, a year of appreciating normalness. I have learnt that things change, time heals and life goes on. 2014, has been  a year for me to recuperate in many ways, just to recharge my batteries, to be content.

I am not sure what my resolutions for the year were, or if I had made any. That is the thing with resolutions, they tend to evaporate with time. But this year, I hope that I find cure for the pop-up messages in my head, that I stop ear-marking all the chapters in life that I don't intend to go back to and lastly but not least, have the wisdom to live in the present.

The past year has also been one where my patience for bigoted people have been tested, and I am glad to say I failed. I am finally learning, if a friend or acquaintance can have opinion, so can I. Take it or leave is my attitude now.

My back and forth journey from theism to atheism is still in progress. Maybe one day I will end up on the other side of the fence - the question being which side I am on now. I am learning to let opinionated people voice their ignorance, it is more fun to be a bystander although the temptation to join the party and dance is at times too hard to resist.

Year 2014, has been about family and friends - unexpected connections, inspiring connections. It has been a year when I finally admitted that I am an introvert and a wannabe atheist, although the moment fear of loss creeps in, I turn to be theist .

2015 is going to be all about faith and courage. Time to get out of the comfort zone, time to be true to myself, time to take actions and let life happen. Or on the other hand, I will enjoy whatever gifts the tidings bring me - with gratitude and courage.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making sense of it all

The last couple of months have been surreal for most of us - and nightmare to many others. People have lost loved ones, lost their liveliho...