Thursday, December 26, 2013

Of New Years and Resolutions

Time for the old to fade away and to prepare for the birth of New year. Every year's beginning promises us new adventures, new dreams and before long we are committed to do things differently or should I say better than we did the year before. I always end up making resolutions, have even ended up making a resolution of making no resolutions one year. How far I stick  to it, is anyone's guess as the resolutions seem to repeat itself every year.

But this year I have a set of resolutions that I hope to be my mantra for living. 2014 is the year to change attitude, to treat myself right and to  rise above myself. 
In 2014, I promise to 

1. Focus on myself and people who love me.
2. I promise to listen to only what I want to listen. Yes I am going to be Ms.Always Right this year. No more explaining, no more justifying my actions to anyone.
3. Forgive easily. I want to travel emotionally lighter. No more other people's baggages, no more living lives that are not mine. 
4. Laugh more , dream big and and rediscover faith.
5. Let gratitude guide me to leading a more content life. 
6. Be kinder to my kids, and remind myself everyday that it is indeed their life - I can love them, but not prevent them from making mistakes.
7.Be more easygoing and just let things take of themselves. 
8. Meditate on the impermanence of everything in life everyday, just to appreciate what I have, and know that tomorrow is another day.
9. Keep friends close to my heart. 
10.Lastly , but not in the least, I promise to love life, and go against my basic nature and be more spontaneous -the only way to live life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making sense of it all

The last couple of months have been surreal for most of us - and nightmare to many others. People have lost loved ones, lost their liveliho...