Monday, February 18, 2013

Angels and Blessings


“Reflect upon your present blessings -- of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.”  



Blessings come in all forms. All you need are fresh set of eyes, a heart filled with gratitude and kindness for people around you.Blessings might be obvious - having healthy kids, food to eat, and friends and family who love you. Yet there are times, when you have to peer through the darkness to see the circle of protection that makes the tough ride easier.

Finding a flat tire in a foreign land, with the jack broken, can be a stroke of bad luck . Finding a U-Haul store just across the street, lending you the tools to change the tire  that is blessing. You always have a choice whether you want to look at the flat tire or look at the help you are getting. All I know from experience is that the more I focus on the "help" real or sometimes imagined, the more I attract good vibes.

Your life is what you make it to be. If I believe that I am surrounded by angels, that is my truth. And any truth, that reinforces my belief that I am not alone in my journey, makes life easier. My logical mind sometimes digresses with the fact that sighting rainbows mean something more than just light dispersed, yet it calms my heart to know that help is just around the corner.

So create your own realities, your own mood boosters and hold on to the thread of faith; for even though the journey can be bumpy at times, you know you have help at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making sense of it all

The last couple of months have been surreal for most of us - and nightmare to many others. People have lost loved ones, lost their liveliho...