Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Of Endings and Beginnings

Christmas is done and the countdown to New Year has already begun. The bells ringing in a New Year full of hope and promise of new opportunities and a life better than we already have. It doesn't matter how much we have right now, human beings are basically greedy and the desire for more and better never ends. 


As we take stock of the year gone by, we all have to be grateful that the Mayans were not as bright as we thought, in the process giving us all have second chance to fulfill our dreams and live life to fullest. There are resolutions to be made, mistakes to be rectified and dreams to be fulfilled.  It is time to take stock in retrospection and tabulate our balance sheet for all that we gained and lost in our lives in the last 365 days.

Welcoming another year is our way of saying that we believe that every ending brings a hope sliver of hope with the promise of fresh beginnings. Beginnings not yet defined by the mistakes of yesterday.  It is a promise to view the world with fresh eyes, promise to wipe the slate clean of all the impediments blocking our way to a happier life.
My resolution for New |Year is simple:

1.     I will continue to view everyday as a blessing.
2.     I will continue to TRY and live in the present
3.     I will continue to refuse past experiences colour my view of today and tomorrow.
4.     I will love more, give more, laugh more everyday – and if worries tries to play catch up with me, I will bring myself back to the present and count my blessings.
5.     I will be ready to embrace my flaws, all the good and the bad in myself and welcome all the experiences with open arms.
6.     I will overcome my fears, judging people and just live for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making sense of it all

The last couple of months have been surreal for most of us - and nightmare to many others. People have lost loved ones, lost their liveliho...